Friday, November 30, 2007
EU Official: "The US wanted Syria so much in Annapolis, that it backed off its committments to ... Saad Hariri"
Thursday, November 29, 2007
"Under-the-radar" executive order issued by President Bush allows him to freeze or seize the U.S-based assets of 'anyone'
'FUTURE' movement denies that talk of Amending the Constitution for Sleiman, "represents the consensus of the movement"
Aoun 'accepts' Sleiman's candidacy, and M14's Quarantined MPs move to Riviera Hotel, as expenses become an 'issue'
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
"...If the situation heats up in the coming months, the question of exactly what role the Vatican would play could become pivotal. Says one high-ranking Vatican official: "The Iranians look to the Holy See with particular attention. It is born from our common religious matrix. This could be utilized to offer ourselves as an intermediary if the crisis worsens." Among the potential moves: a forceful series of public appeals by the Pope, a Vatican emissary sent to Washington and Tehran, or a visit to the Vatican by Iranian President President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad."
FELTMAN: Well, I don't know if you speak Arabic. But Al-Akhbar [a pro-Hizbullah paper] translates, in English, as "The News." Now: Al-Akhbar has no akhbar. [Laughs.] ...
His code name was “Carat,” and his working cover was as a cultural attaché in the U.S. Embassy in Beirut
Monday, November 26, 2007
"...Glenn Kessler, a diplomatic correspondent for The Washington Post, was star-struck when he first met Rice, at the 1992 Republican National Convention. “She was poised and elegant, charming but forceful — and utterly sure of herself.” In “The Confidante,” a brilliantly reported book, he treats her like a star; but he also looks unflinchingly at her record in office. And the picture he gives is dismal..." Read more, here
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Geagea' to the Muslims in M14: "If you are not ready to take on Hezballah, I am ready to take on Aoun"
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Aoun' proposal repelled, as March14 readies for a symbolic show in Parliament and a "quiet" transition to Siniora's "Regence"
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
M. Chirac a été le signataire d'un contrat établi par la Ville de Paris en faveur d'Alain Costecalde, chauffeur du sénateur RPR Lucien Lanier, faussement affecté au cabinet du maire en qualité de chargé de mission, le 10 janvier 1990. Dans un texte publié dans Le Monde daté du jeudi 22 novembre, l'ancien président de la République veut replacer cette affaire dans le contexte de l'époque et tente d'expliquer les raisons de ces embauches successives.
"3. The U.S. insists on seeing the conflict in Lebanon through the prism of its greater clash with Iran ...this is a huge mistake. While we're viewing Hizbollah as a conflict with Iran, some of our allies in Lebanon and the greater Middle East are funding and manipulating some nasty transnational Sunni terror groups -- the kind of guys who were not only responsible for the recent fighting in Nahr al-Bared but also the worst terror attacks in Iraq. (Oh, and that whole 9/11 thing.) We said post-9/11 that we would not allow another terrorist safe haven after Afghanistan, but that's exactly what the Palestinian refugee camps have become -- often with the support of U.S. allies..."
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
The Cedars Revolution is on the verge of a crushing political defeat over the next few days, and at the hands of its own politicians
"...Deploying an aircraft carrier strike group into the eastern Mediterranean could balance the weight of the Iranian Pasdaran and their missiles deployed in Lebanon, so that Tehran and Damascus aren't the only powers present in that small country..."
Monday, November 19, 2007
"...The Palestinians see the process as one in which the American super-power gives its blessing to the rough outline of what a final settlement will be.
In pursuit of that vision, the Palestinians want there to be a document agreed on between them and the Israelis which gives the shape of what the final settlement will be and they want it in advance. Anything else they see as merely another trick..."
Kouchner: :"some parties are sabotaging the process and France is going to publicly denounce those parties..."
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Lebanon's 'roller-coaster': France (& minions) going for Edde, while 'Muslims' drool over Ghanem & Aoun/Geagea' 'boycott' Sfeir's "list"
"Remember how the bush-cheney cabal was quite critical of this agreement with iran and has declared that even iran's full compliance with this agreement won't suffice. that seems to be the reason that we have seen so much el-baradei bashing recently. Iran IS cooperating with the iaea as requested, and the info that iran has/is providing IS consistant with the iaea findings. in short, a positive report which also makes no mention of any nuclear weapons programs or any such stuff. four points to keep in mind with the report:
- IRAN IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH NPT
- 'UNDECLARED ACTIVITIES' AND THE ADDITIONAL PROTOCOL -- the iaea has found NO EVIDENCE of a nuclear weapons program, the iaea can't say that iran's nuclear activities are exclusively peaceful since the iaea can't verify the absence of undeclared nuclear activities in iran. the report requests that iran once again implement the additional protocol. keep in mind:
- the iaea doesn't veirty the absence of undeclared nuclear activities for any nation unless they have signed and ratified the additional protocol. according to the iaea there are currently 40 other nations for which the iaea can't similary verify the absence of undeclared nuclear activities. i.e. egypt (which rice recently lauded as a 'model' nuclear program) have refused to even sign the additional protocol, unlike iran.
- iran voluntarily implemented the additional protocol by allowing more stringent inspections for 2 years during the course of the paris agreement negotiations with the eu3 (even though iran wasn't legally obligated to do so) -- and still no evidence of nuclear weapons was found in iran. the 'stuff' the bush-cheney cabal a.k.a. admin. has given the iaea of 'secret' iranian nuclear facilities had been BOGUS [ see: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/25/MNGGKOAR681.DTL&feed=rss.news ]. iran has stopped providing that additional level of cooperation and stopped voluntarily implementing the additional protocol when THE EU TRIED TO CHEAT IRAN in the the paris agreement negotiations. iran has repeatedly stated its willingness to ratify and implement the additional protocol once its nuclear rights are recognized.
- issues resolved -- the issue of iran's experiments with plutonium has been resolved. this particular isn't mentioned in the nov 07 report. but the modalities agreement of aug 07 stated that such had been resolved.
- outstanding issues -- traces of highly enriched uranium where were found in iran, but to date iran's statements about those 'traces' have been verified by the iaea to be accurate [ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/22/AR2005082201447_pf.html ] the traces in question were attributable to contamination from imported centrifuge parts. iran doesn't have the capacity to make highly enriched uranium, it barely manages to make low level uranium.
- no suspension of enrichment. iran's enrichment process is fully monitored by the iaea and determined fully legal on iran's part." Jim Herring
Mohamad Shattah: "The Siniora Government will hold the reins of Power when Pres. Lahoud leaves Office"
As we inch closer to Primaries, IRAQ will share the stage with a worsening situation in Afghanistan, Pakistan ...etc.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Georges Corm: "C’est une erreur grave de continuer de considérer qu’il existe encore une civilisation musulmane"
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
AQ's 'Shipment' of 100 Kgs of Cyanide divided between Lebanon & Iraq, intended for the 'assassination' of Hassan Nasrallah & others
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
These are the kinds of question that should be considered. Instead, the world is subjected to propaganda and information operations designed to push public opinion toward another war.