Monday, January 14, 2013

"The sheikh and I: Ghostwriting for a crown prince in exile"

"... He opposed Iranian hegemony in the region, but first and foremost, he wanted to drive his half-brother out of power, and take what he saw as his rightful place running his emirate.The Sheikh’s plan was to use the blogs to point out dangers that Iran posed for the people of his emirate. He also wanted to signal Washington and other western governments that he was open to modernizing his emirate and recognizing Israel as a prelude to peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians.
“Sounds like fun,” I said. “How do I get started?”
“Write three blogs, and let’s see if he likes them. If he does, the money will be good.”
“Okay,” I said. “Blogs on what?”
He opposed Iranian hegemony in the region, but first and foremost, he wanted to drive his half-brother out of power, and take what he saw as his rightful place running his emirate.
“Sounds like fun,” I said. “How do I get started?”
“Write three blogs, and let’s see if he likes them. If he does, the money will be good.”
“Okay,” I said. “Blogs on what?”

“Don’t worry. We’ll suggest a few topics.”..."

No comments: