Monday, February 14, 2011

Have the Muslim Brothers decided to accept the "offer they can't refuse"?

"..The leaders of the MBs are no where to be seen now. That is the third day. I do not know what to make of it. One of them said that they do not want to be used to frighten the external world of the "revolution". In my view this b...sh... Whether there are negotiations going on with the military council to give them legal recognition as a party or they are busy studying what happened and their failure to lead the population and the youth. Gen Sulliman hinted three days before the departure of Mubarak that the MBs "better join the negotiations or else they will miss a very good opportunity for them". They did in public, which created a backlash from their own bases. If the Generals offer was still on, and I believe it is, they might have decided to take "the very good opportunity".
But what will they pay in return. I am constantly thinking about that but did not reach an answer. I have to wait till one of their elders utters a word or two indicating there is something or until I find whoever can explain to me..that is if there are negotiations to start with. But I think the MBs were in their worst during the uprising as I explained previously. They proved to be unable to swim when the current goes towards a massive popular uprising chanting "freedom".
Whether or not they will get legal recognition is a silly question now..they always had a semi-legal one and every body now has a kind of legal recognition. If there is a deal it will be rather about their position towards the council..this could be an ominous development not because they will be recognized but because of the big question of why the military council negotiated and signed a deal. .."

No comments: