Friday, June 4, 2010

Saudi Elaph: "“I declare my support to Israel in its legitimate self-defense,..."

Mideastwire/ here

Under the title: “I declare my support to Israel in its legitimate self-defense,” on June 1, Khodeir Taher wrote the following opinion piece in the Saudi-owned Elaph website: “What Israel did to the ships coming from Turkey is a politically and legally legitimate action, as all the passengers on board of the ships did not hold official visas to Israeli land. It is known that the marine, land, and air borders are all still under Israeli sovereignty until the signing of the final agreement with the Palestinians and settling of the borders issue.

“I, as an Arab Citizen, think that it is my media and moral duty to offer an informed vision and calm reading of this event, away from the ongoing chaos. I declare my absolute support of Israel’s right to self-defense and in preventing the entry of people and ships in an illegitimate manner without receiving prior permission. Before you start cursing and unleashing chaotic emotions, name one country in the world that accepts its borders to be crossed without obtaining an official visa and without searching the people and the means of transportation?”

No comments: