Monday, December 1, 2008

Bush: "....incorrect intelligence that Iraq had WMDs was"biggest regret of all the presidency...."

"George W. Bush gave Charles Gibson an interview recently in which he said that among his regrets was that "the intelligence had not been better on WMD in Iraq."Blaming the intelligence people is a standard ploy of failed politicians and flag officers. In every country and in every clime.... In this case Bush's White House set out to fabricate a case for war with Iraq. They bullied weak and self-serving leaders in the intelligence community into accepting a case built on raw information reports that had been rejected by the very agencies that had collected them. "Slam Dunk!" George Tenet cried out in the Oval Office. What he meant was that it would be a "slam dunk" to sell the dross of those reports to Congress and the boobs.I mean you... Paul Wolfowitz gave away the game when he said after the fact that the administration took up the issue of Iraqi WMD because they knew it would sell, but millions of you still believed the BS. You don't deserve the right to vote. There are still millions of sheople who think that there really were nuclear weapons (the only things that mattered) in Iraq. Feel good now? Your "leader" has abandoned you." PL
Full transcript, from ABC News, here (go back and read "Drinking the Kool-Aid", by Pat Lang, here)
"I think I was unprepared for war,..but I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess....In other words, I didn't campaign and say, 'Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack,....In other words, I didn't anticipate war. Presidents -- one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen." (see the rest tonight with Charlie Gibson)

No comments: