Friday, February 15, 2008

Saudi rulers threatened Brits to burn London unless corruption investigation halted

The Guardian, here and via War&Piece, some of the court documents (.pdf) and highlighted excerpts, here
"...Saudi Arabia's rulers threatened to make it easier for terrorists to attack London unless corruption investigations into their arms deals were halted, according to court documents revealed yesterday.
Previously secret files describe how investigators were told they faced "another 7/7" and the loss of "British lives on British streets" if they pressed on with their inquiries and the Saudis carried out their threat to cut off intelligence.
Prince Bandar, the head of the Saudi national security council, and son of the crown prince, was alleged in court to be the man behind the threats to hold back information about suicide bombers and terrorists. He faces accusations that he himself took more than £1bn in secret payments from the arms company BAE..."

2 comments:

EDB said...

Mmmh... hopefully 2008 will be the year of ruined legacies. Not that Blair had much to salvage of his reputation. But this is scandalous. Who is the enemy again?

Anonymous said...

How come the Bush Adm. is still allied to a thug and a thief? On the other hand, those who dare having a different point of view than that of the Bush Adm. are "terrorists" if they foreign nationals, and "unpatriotic" if they are US nationals.
To add insult to injury, mainstream media in the US goes along happily with the Bush Adm. Some example to show the rest of the world and win the hearts and minds of people!